I discovered this new lululemon ad on http://www.adrants.com/ . AMAZING.
Archive for June, 2007
I went to see the Golden Hands Before God last night with Antonella. They were pretty good!
I left for Winnipeg with Burton, Cam and Chris on Wednesday night and got back this morning. Burton and Cam had got some job driving up cars from Toronto for their friend Tim Stade.
We left around midnight on Wednesday and didn’t get there until Friday morning.
I went straight to VICE’s printing plant, since that’s the main reason I’d come up and had to justify going to my work.
It’s a crazy operation. Around 300 people work at the plant. They print other magazines there like Mass Appeal and Harp.
We stayed in at Tim Stoddy’s house that night.
The next morning we went for lunch at Cafe 22. Our waitress turned out to be Jacqui, this girl I stayed with for 5 days 7 years ago, the only other time I’d been to Winnipeg. I hadn’t talked to her in at least 5 years. My mind was blown and I couldn’t even talk when it turned out to be her. We don’t have anything super special between us, but I was still blown away to randomly run into her like that. It’s not like Winnipeg is a small town. It has like 600k people there!
I met up with Alen, the designer/layout guy for VICE after lunch. We’d gone out for dinner the night before as well. He introduced me to his friends Nihad and Elvis.
I went to a little birthday party with Nihad before I went to see Tim’s band Coda play.
Coda is metal.
There was a giant kegger at Stades house, the Junker Pad after.
We went to the beach the next day to recover.
Stade showed us purple city, and then we finished the night at Bar Italia.
I slept at the airport and caught a plane back to Toronto this morning.
Last night I went to the Much Music video awards. I was skeptical of going, and thought it was going to suck ass, but I had a lot of fun and am still drunk this morning.
1. I saw Andrea and Monica outside around 5, getting ready for their appearance with Burlington’s original hardcore band, the Rainbow Butt Monkey’s, who later did a rooftop performance of their hit single, a cover of Franz Ferdinand’s “Take Me Out”. Who would’ve thought? Oh, Canada!
2. Jacob and I were placing bets on who these 2 were going to tag team that night. I can just see them taking home a girl and staring deeply into each others eyes as they fuck her from all ends.
3. Sean was my date for the night. He’s the guy on the left.
4. Ian Fullblast likes being fistfucked. Or maybe it’s being shaved. http://www.gaycityusa.com/hankycodes.htm Help me out with this?
5. I hung out with Tyler for a bit.
6. Jules was on the red carpet opening doors for the stars.
7. Chris Cheeseman was working.
8. I saw Nathan and Joel when Alexisonfire played.
9. Antonella and her boss look like sisters. You can’t tell from this picture, but they do!
10. Monica was a 10 last night. I was fucking wasted. At one point I looked right at her and thought, “goddamn, that girl is fucking hot and looks a lot like Monica.”, and it was her.
11. Andrea with Die Mannequin.
12. Andrea and I were sitting upstairs at some afterparty drunk-talking and this guy came up to us and was threatening to kick my ass for nothing. Cooooool. Thanks for throwing a party and hiring goons to kick my ass. Can’t wait to come back next year.
We had an insane turnout last night for Electroma. The place was filled to capacity by 11:00, an hour before the movie was supposed to start.
Nifty opened the show. They’re an electronic duo that loops all their beats and samples live. They were really good but loud. Right after I took this picture some guy came up to me and said “This music is terrible!” to which I immediately replied “Great! Go outside!”
Beer was cheap.
Once the movie started at midnight, everyone shutup and sat down.
When the movie was done, everybody clapped. They loved it! Yeahhhhh!!!!!!!!
Beat that Montreal and NYC!! Toronto is awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme.
I’m going to this tonight. Capacity is 150 people. No guestlist/first come first serve. Big bottles of Grolsh for $4.